Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic
Hewlett-Packard Slovakia s.r.o.
Brief Description of Our Part-Delivery
Design and implementation of a solution for issuing the citizen's ID with a chip as a unified medium for identification and authentication of users within the scope of eGovernment, in accordance with the requirements of the European legislation.
- Use of the eID card as a data token for the storage of citizen's personal data in an electronic form
- Use of the eID card as an identification and authentication medium for making use of electronic services of the eGovernment
- Use of the eID card as a certified data token for storing of a qualified certificate
- Use of the eID card as a token for storing an encryption and authentication certificate
Slovakian eID cards are manufactured on a polycarbonate card platform with an integrated electronic contact chip. The newest technologies in the field of chip card security were chosen in selection of the electronic chip - the chip SLE78CFX3000P from
Infineon Technologies AG with the Operating system Card OS V5.0 from the company ATOS IT Solutions and Services. The operating system of the card supports modern security mechanisms and encryption algorithms. The principle of the authentication via the Slovak
eID card is based on the technology EAC, in accordance with BSI TR-03110. For the authentication and identification we therefore don't use X.509 certificates, instead we use a remote verification of the electronic identity stored on the eID card read through an
EAC channel. The eID card solution is designed as a multi-application card and with the prospect for further improvements.
eID card represents a secure medium for storing the citizen's identification data, i.e. the citizen's electronic identity. Another important feature of the eID card is also that it serves as a medium for creation of the qualified electronic signature (QES) -
the so-called Secure Signature Creation Device (SSCD).
Realisation start 06/2010
Realisation end 12/2013
Specific Parameters of the Solution
- ISO/IEC 7816 Identification cards - Integrated circuit cards
- BSI TR-03110 Technical Guideline Advanced Security Mechanisms for Machine Readable Travel Documents
- CEN 15480 European citizen card